Many commercial buildings and warehouses still have the older types of lighting, like fluorescent or metal halide lights. Replacing them with new LED lighting can provide many benefits, resulting in monetary savings and improved performance.
Benefits of LED Lighting
LED lighting has several advantages over other more traditional types of lighting. Here are just a few.
- Long Lifespan. LED lightbulbs can last for over 100,000 hours before they need replacing. That’s 2-4 times as long as fluorescent, metal halide, or sodium vapor lights, and more than 40 times longer than an incandescent lightbulb.
- Energy Efficient. LED lights consume much less power than other types. In fact, depending on the lighting type, you can save up to 75% of the lighting portion on your electrical bill by replacing traditional lighting with LED retrofits.
- Safety. LEDs emit much less heat than other types of lighting, which makes them much less prone to causing fire than traditional bulbs. LEDs also operate effectively on low-voltage electrical systems, so they are safer if an electrical issue occurs.
- Visibility. LED lights have a very high Color Rendering Index (CRI). That means they illuminate the area to better show the actual color of objects, similar to that of natural light.
- Flexibility. LED bulbs are extremely small, which allows them to be used in a variety of situations and designs.
- Dimming Capability. With LED dimming hardware installed, LEDs can operate at any level of power. They get more efficient at lower power and it increases their lifespan. Metal halides actually get less efficient at lower power and in many cases cannot be dimmed at all.
- No Delay. LEDs do not need to warm up, so there is no wait when you turn them on and off.
- Environmentally Safe. Fluorescent and mercury vapor lights contain mercury, which can be hazardous if the bulb is broken. LEDs do not have these dangerous elements. LEDs do not emit ultraviolet rays, so they can be used to safely illuminate sensitive items, such as art.
Replacing your old traditional lighting with LED lighting in your commercial building can lead to considerable savings. Your savings are based on two major factors:
- Utility Savings. Because LEDs use much less electricity, you’ll save on your electricity bill. Ameren Electric also offers their BizSavers® program, which rewards companies who upgrade their lighting to more efficient methods in their commercial or industrial buildings.
- Maintenance. LED bulbs last much longer than other lights, so they won’t need to be replaced as often. You’ll save on labor and materials you now spend replacing traditional bulbs much more often.
Get Better Lighting in Your Commercial Building
You’ll experience a better-lit environment, while also enjoying significant cost savings by upgrading your traditional lighting with LED upgrades.
Pallardy Electric specializes in LED retrofitting and upgrades in commercial buildings. Give us a call today to learn how we can convert your lighting to a more modern and brighter look.
Check what our clients say about us
"My property has worked with Joe several times in the past and have always had a pleasant experience. He is professional and reasonably priced. I would highly recommend his services!"
- Andrea Rand
"We have used Pallardy Electric numerous times. Does awesome work in a timely manner. Very reasonably priced also!"
- Sue Eikel
"I Have used Pallardy electric for multiple jobs commercial and residential, and they always provide a high quality experience, are very well priced, and very easy to work with. I would recommend using Pallardy for any electrical work if you live in the St. Louis area."